Meet our volunteer hosts 3
by George Julian
We’re hoping to introduce all our hosts to you before your eat-ups this week, but several are on holiday or just returning so we might not get to them all. We have introduced twelve already, you can meet them here and here and these are our next four. We’d like to introduce you to (L->R) Ernie, Jackie, James and Ian and you’ve guessed it they’ve all been asked to answer the same three questions:
1) What’s your favourite curry?
2) What are you hoping to get from the night?
3) If you weren’t at your own eat-up where would you most like to be?
Ernie (Vancouver) @ejbaatz
1. Vegetarian curry – lots of eggplant! (Ed:That’s aubergine for us Brits!)
2. A chance to talk with neighbours and introduce people who are interested in community
3. At a hockey game!
Jackie (Southampton) @jaxrafferty
1. Side dish: Bhindi Bhaji, Main dish: Lamb Korai
2. Great conversation and laughs too
3. Chesterfield – I was in the area last week and the countryside is phenomenal
James (Canterbury) @UK_James
1. Vegetable masala, and I have to have onion bhajis and peshwari naan
2. To meet a bunch of interesting people, open up the possibility of new ideas and have some laughs
3. Exploring a part of the world I’ve not been to yet
Ian (Glasgow) @iandubya
1. Lamb Rogan Josh
2. Informal exchange of news, views, informations
3. Probably Birmingham.
Just in case there are any of you out there slightly upset that we’ve not done this post in alphabetical order, or feeling queasy because the images don’t line up properly….we know, we’re sorry, but with regard to the first point – Ian’s photo was beyond cool (look carefully), and the second, we’re pushed for time and have no real design skill except that we’ve borrowed occasionally.
If you wish to help out in the future with writing posts or doing design type bits and pieces drop us a line, all help gratefully received. If you are just upset that it’s not following the system, know that we know and it upsets us too, but needs must!